atarionline.pl Classic Atari 8-bit games online - Forum Atarum

Jeśli chcesz wziąć udział w dyskusjach na forum - zaloguj się. Jeżeli nie masz loginu - poproś o członkostwo.

• :
  • :

Vanilla 1.1.4 jest produktem Lussumo. Więcej informacji: Dokumentacja, Forum.

• 1:

CommentAuthorhrundel
    • CommentTime22 Jul 2011

Hello to all Atarians!

Sorry for english, but I can't write in polish.
    So, guys. I'd like discuss new feature of my site. About month ago I implemented Atari800 emulator online. Exactly, I used Java DosBox + Atari800 for DOS. It's working fine and You can try to play classic Atari 8-bit games on ->link<- (site in russian but contains on fly translation to some languages).
    During test of the emulator I have found that speed of emulation in browser very depended from PC hardware. For comfortable playing games in current time is required following HW and SW: Core2Quad (or better CPU) + Win 7 (64-bit edition) + Internet Explorer 9 (64-bit edition) + JRE 1.6 (64-bit edition).
    You can play the game in case if PC has less performance but speed of emulation becomes very slow.
    I'd like to get any help to improve the performance of emulator and discuss it a bit deeper if you have interest to it.
    • 2: CommentAuthors2325
    • CommentTime22 Jul 2011

thank you, Zybex emulation is really slow but it's better than nothing ->link<-
    • 3:

CommentAuthorxeen
    • CommentTime22 Jul 2011 zmieniony

nice.
    perhaps acceptable for some logical games, but arcade ones works bit too slow, still - for now. I do not have 64 Win7 and cor2quad, of course :D
    • 4:

CommentAuthorKrótki
    • CommentTime22 Jul 2011 zmieniony

Hrundel, you can compile Atari800 directly to Java (using NestedVM), this should improve performance. See DOC/INSTALL. Here's a working example.
    • 5:

CommentAuthorhrundel
    • CommentTime23 Jul 2011

Krotki, it's really very good advice! Sure, performance of games which you presented in your link is better than my way. I didn't know that solution is so close... Thanks a lot.
    • 6:

CommentAuthorhrundel
    • CommentTime10 Aug 2011

Thanks again for your good advice. I corrected the mechanism of emulation. In current time everything is working so fast as i wished. Also I added about 400 classic games, which you can play online. For example, Zybex - ->link<- (please click on joystick icon). Play and enjoy!
    • 7:

CommentAuthorCOR/ira4
    • CommentTime11 Aug 2011

Unbelievable ,i must play to Zybex on line with other players.
    THX