atarionline.pl TGin - Forum Atarum

Jeśli chcesz wziąć udział w dyskusjach na forum - zaloguj się. Jeżeli nie masz loginu - poproś o członkostwo.

• :
  • :

Vanilla 1.1.4 jest produktem Lussumo. Więcej informacji: Dokumentacja, Forum.

• 1: CommentAuthorGonzo
    • CommentTime14 Nov 2009 zmieniony

Ponieważ nowinka na temat TGI powstała na podstawie moich trochę chaotycznych i pisanych na gorąco maili, to myślę, że tu będzie najlepsze miejsce do wyjaśnienia wszystkich spraw.
    Na początek zmieniam nazwę na TGin, bo TGI już jest.

TGin jest trochę upierdliwe, ale nie jest, aż tak bardzo skomplikowane :) Np. zrobienie tego obrazka zajęło mi 30min

• 2:

CommentAuthormiker
    • CommentTime14 Nov 2009 zmieniony

A może GwinT :D

Przyznam, że tak sobie to wygląda. Może lepiej mieszać GR8 z "piętnastką", nawet "zgiedwaefowaną".
    • 3: CommentAuthorRamos
    • CommentTime14 Nov 2009

Nie bardzo to wygląda, może przydałby się lepszy konvert.
    • 4: CommentAuthorirwin
    • CommentTime15 Nov 2009

A mi się podoba. Przy okazji, Gonzo oprócz wersji Atari zamieszczaj oryginalny pic tak aby każdy mógł porównać, niekarzy wie jak wygląda oryginał i jak dużo lub niewiele się różni.
    • 5:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime15 Nov 2009

Slusznie prawisz Irwin. Do tego mozna by dodawac obrazy skladowe - zeby zobaczyc, jak bardzo moznaby jeszcze polepszyc skladniki.
    • 6: CommentAuthorGonzo
    • CommentTime20 Nov 2009

Tym razem TGin w wersji Gr.15 + Gr.8 + RMT
    Oryginału nie zamieszczam bo na obrazku pisze "all rights..." :)
    Trochę źle, że wybrałem akurat ten obrazek bo jest fajny, ale oryginalnie w rozdzielczości 160x200 i nie za wiele dało się tu zrobić, w każdym razie hi-res jest widoczny. Pozatym dobór kolorów i sama konwrsja też nie są najszczęśliwsze. Trzeba jednak pamiętać, że są tu do dyspozycji tylko 4 kolory w dwóch odcieniach. Przerwania DLI pozwalają na zmianę 3 kolorów co linię, więc obrazek może być bardzo kolorowy.

Very cool!

This is essentially similar to a custom text mode that I have designed, which I call DIN (display interlace). You do a toggle of the display list between ANTIC 2 (graphics 0) and 4 (Graphics 12), the character set (you use two sets, like in Super IRG), CHACT (755) to stabilize the inverse characters (turn it to 0 while in antic 2), and register 710 (to stabilize the background - 0 while in antic 2) and you get the same effect. Only difference is you get more colors in this mode thanks to the 5th color on inverse in ANTIC 4. 10 colors available, 20 if you count Graphics 0 artifacting. Plus it might be possible to overlay PMG's and increase the number of colors ... maybe a job for TeBe and Graph2font?
    • 8:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime24 Nov 2009

Synthpopalooza - great idea to mix text modes instead of gfx modes. Have you collected any pictures in that mode?
    I do have a couple of test pics, one is a pallette test, and another is a demo character set display using the font from GEMDROP, the Bill Kendrick game which used another software text mode called Super IRG.

I am still working on being able to design a font for this mode in my ICE editor. I have been able to do some demo screens and fonts for the HIP 0 and CHIP 0 modes (textmode versions of the HIP/RIP modes).

I've also got a few screenshots of some Tetris blocks from a mode I call CIN 12 (mixing Graphics 12 with Graphics 12.11). This mode displays Antic 4 resolution at 60 colors, and is the textmode version of the CIN (mode 15/mode 11) mode.
    And here is a screenshot of those tetris blocks in CIN 12. Each block has 3 level shading but is a unique color. Turning the characters inverse gets you access to different colors depending on what bit combinations you use.

CIN 12 will not display properly in Atari800Win 4.1 because the emulator doesn't like Graphics 12 with GTIA set in mode 11. It insists on displaying only 64 characters (ATASCII 32-95) in this mode. Other emulators like Atari++ behave correctly and display the full 128 characters. Best to use a real Atari for this mode in any case till the emulator gets fixed. :)

There is also another variation on CIN in textmode, one I call Super CIN, where you do a display list flip as in DIN. You mix Graphics 12 normal, with Graphics 0.11 (Graphics 0 with GTIA set to mode 11) and it gets you a full 80 possible colors. The downside is you have to flip 4 registers: GTIA (623), display list (560), CHBAS (756), and COLBK (712).

When using a display list flip, I make two display lists, store them in page 6 (or page 4), set DPEEK(560) to point to the first one I stored, then toggle 560 every vblank. Since the display list is shorter in text mode, only one register needs flipped.

I have documentation on all the software text modes I have been able to work up (about 16 in total).
    • 11:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime30 Dec 2012

Synthpopalooza:

I do have a couple of test pics, one is a pallette test, and another is a demo character set display using the font from GEMDROP, the Bill Kendrick game which used another software text mode called Super IRG.

Troszke obok tematu, ale podziele sie ciekawostka, ktora o swojej grze "Gem Drop" napisal na YT Bill Kendrick pod wrzuconym przez nas filmikiem z tej gry:

Bill:

I ended up porting the Atari source code (it was written in Action!) to C and X-Window, then C and libSDL, and created "Gem Drop X", which has since been included int he games on Virgin airline's "Red" seat-back entertainment system!