atarionline.pl My POKEY note table - Forum Atarum

Jeśli chcesz wziąć udział w dyskusjach na forum - zaloguj się. Jeżeli nie masz loginu - poproś o członkostwo.

• :
  • :

Vanilla 1.1.4 jest produktem Lussumo. Więcej informacji: Dokumentacja, Forum.

I have made a POKEY note table in .xls format

The table has these settings:

$Ax (square wave) for 64 khz, 15 khz, and 16-bit
    $Cx (saw wave) for 64 khz, 1.79 mhz, 16-bit, includes RMT C and E settings
    $2x (triangle wave) for 64 khz, 1.79 mhz, and 16-bit
    $8x plus 9-bit for 1.79 mhz and 16-bit
    $4x for 1.79 mhz and 16-bit, there are two tables, one of them is a mod 3 table, uses multiples of three like $Cx

Also has reverse 16-bit settings. You set 16-bit mode, play first channel and make second channel silent.

$Ax - uses 64khz clock. Standard $Ax table, then 50% duty cycle NES wave starting at A#3 and going down to C2

$8x - 1.79 mhz clock. Distorted guitars. Two note tables, plus a third table with vibrating sounds.

$4x - 1.79 mhz clock. Distorted guitars. Three note tables, plus a third table with vibrating sounds.

It's in English, maybe someone can translate to Polish?

Still not finished, I will add SKCTL=$8B and hi-pass AUDCTL=$02, $04, $06 settings.
    • 2:

CommentAuthorjhusak
    • CommentTime21 Apr 2020 zmieniony

Thanks for this!
    When you finish, somebody would translate, not sooner (additional work). If nobody else, then me.
    I think a good idea is to place this on atariki.krap.pl.
    Good idea.

I am also trying to learn Polish ... it's very hard lol. :) Maybe by the time the note table is finished.

I hope a new tracker will come of this work. Meanwhile, my $4x reverse 16-bit table has been hacked into RMT on the AtariAge forum. Might be useful, maybe, for now.
    • 4: CommentAuthorpirx
    • CommentTime21 Apr 2020

is it working the same for PAL and NTSC machines?
    Not sure. I tested everything in NTSC and tuned by ear against the standard $Ax table.
    Here are RMT hacked with reverse $4x table into 6 distortion. You place notes in first column. Not sure if the hack is working or not. R0ger did the hacks.
    • 7:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime21 Apr 2020

Synthpopalooza:

It's in English, maybe someone can translate to Polish?

Sure, we can do it.
    It's a long way from being done. $4x reverse 16 took me two months to do. I had to listen to all 65,536 frequencies.
    • 9:

CommentAuthorKaz
    • CommentTime21 Apr 2020

Wow! Incredible hard work.
    I also did work on $4x 1.79 mhz plus SKCTL=$8B two tone. Distorted guitars, plus the two $Cx note tables, but they are run through a fuzzy distortion. Very close to finishing that one.
    Added a new update ... SKCTL two tone mode for $Ax distortions ...

->link<-

More work remains