atarionline.pl Exoter - Forum Atarum

Jeśli chcesz wziąć udział w dyskusjach na forum - zaloguj się. Jeżeli nie masz loginu - poproś o członkostwo.

• :
  • :

Vanilla 1.1.4 jest produktem Lussumo. Więcej informacji: Dokumentacja, Forum.

• 1: CommentAuthorrudla
    • CommentTime8 Dec 2013 zmieniony

Hi,

I'm working on new text adventure game system for Atari. As a proof of concept, I'm porting the game Exoter from ZX. The game runs on simple virtual machine and the text is displayed in hi res gfx. It uses proportional fonts and supports kerning. The game is menu driven.

The Exoter game is basically complete (it is possible to play and win the game).

I'm looking for someone who would create intro graphics, music (and maybe some sound effects) for the game.

Also some help translating game to Polish and German would be useful (I have currently only Czech version, but I hope to prepare English translation soon).

I'm planning to make some other games on this engine and I will gladly give source code to anyone, who would like to try some game too.

• 2:

CommentAuthorpirx
    • CommentTime8 Dec 2013

is it atalan based? :)
    kerned font looks fabulous!
    • 3: CommentAuthorpoison
    • CommentTime9 Dec 2013

helle to vypadá super! Pírko je ukazatel ovládaný joyem? Bylo by super, kdyby to podporovalo myš, třeba z ST, nebo myš přez tu Ctiradovu redukci:)
    • 4:

CommentAuthorxeen
    • CommentTime9 Dec 2013

what pirx said - language is?
    it looks pretty cool!
    • 5: CommentAuthorrudla
    • CommentTime9 Dec 2013

It is pure assembly now.
    Although when the virtual machine language stabilizes, I would like to provide support for Atalan so it is possible to program the game logic using Atalan :-) So Atalan would work like kind of front-end to the engine.

But I needed little break from Atalan and to finally finish something too... :-)

poison:

Yes, the feather is the pointer steered by joystick and I would like to add support for mouse, if possible (some assembler source code for mouse driver would be helpful). However the game can be fully driven by keyboard shortcuts, which is much better way.
    • 6:

CommentAuthorxeen
    • CommentTime9 Dec 2013

I'm looking forward to see engine details - how to use to create games ;)
    • 7: CommentAuthorrudla
    • CommentTime8 Jan 2014

Hi, I have translated the game to English (it will need proof reading and corrections, but one can understand it i believe :-).

I'm looking for someone, who would like to translate it to Polish. It's simple text file, english texts have together cca. 6KB.

Anyone willing to help me?

Thanks.
    I can help with English -> Polish translation.
    • 9:

CommentAuthorpirx
    • CommentTime8 Jan 2014

Oh yes! mgr style!!!!!!!!
    • 10: CommentAuthorrudla
    • CommentTime11 Jan 2014 zmieniony

The work on Exoter continues.

mgr_inz_rafal translated the game to polish and did some testing, so some bugs were removed.

Now I am searching for someone to draw some title graphics. Of course I will send that someone the game, so he cat try it and have some idea what it's about.
    • 11:

CommentAuthorlarek
    • CommentTime12 Jan 2014

Trzeba przyznać, że wygląda to bardzo ładnie.
    • 12: CommentAuthorrudla
    • CommentTime23 Feb 2014

I managed to develop German language support for Exoter. Would someone, please, help me by translating the texts to German?
    • 13: CommentAuthorAdam
    • CommentTime23 Feb 2014

I think the best place to look for German language help would be ABBUC forum: ->link<-

There are people who read AtariOnLine.pl and are registered there, maybe they could start appropriate thread.
    • 14:

CommentAuthorjhusak
    • CommentTime24 Feb 2014

Piłuj zwłoki.
    • 15: CommentAuthorrudla
    • CommentTime24 Feb 2014

jakub:

"Disgusting."
    "But more interesting."
    "Oh yes, tch, tch, tch."
    • 16: CommentAuthorrudla
    • CommentTime4 Mar 2014

Hi,

does anyone have working light pen on real Atari? I have implemented support for light pen in Exoter engine and it is nicely working under Altirra. I would however like someone to test it on real hardware.

Thanks.
    • 17:

CommentAuthorpirx
    • CommentTime4 Mar 2014 zmieniony

remember about bright screen - LP works with really bright colours only. the game looks bright enough, though.