atarionline.pl Battle Ships / Mirage Software - Forum Atarum

Jeśli chcesz wziąć udział w dyskusjach na forum - zaloguj się. Jeżeli nie masz loginu - poproś o członkostwo.

• :
  • :

Vanilla 1.1.4 jest produktem Lussumo. Więcej informacji: Dokumentacja, Forum.

Hello folks,

I'm a bit lost!

I'm trying to find my way among the different releases / versions of the game. Please add corrections, extra information and answer my questions if you can ;-)

So far, I have:
    #1 - Battle Ships / game menu has (C) 1989 by Gizmo Magic Software / additional loading screen with the author's address / splash screen with "01.04.1989" / freeware
    #2 - Battle Ships / game menu has (C) 1989 by Gizmo Magic Software / loading screen with address removed / splash screen with "01.04.1989" / freeware or early Mirage Software production run?
    #3 - Battle Ships / game menu has (C) 1989 by Gizmo Magic Software / hacked file listed as "V1" in your database with no splash screen, everything in black and white and missing - or broken? - features (is this a "leaked" early version of the game or just a horribly bad crack?)
    #4 - Battle Ships / game menu has (C) Gizmo Magic Software 1989 but Mirage Software Ltd. appears in the directory so this was definitely sold / splash screen with "01.04.1989" / year unknown / commercial (you have this as "V6" and, apart from the directory, the program appears to be identical to #2)
    #5 - Battle Ships / game menu has (C) 1990 Mirage Software Ltd. / splash screen with no date / you have this as a cracked executable listed as "V3" but, unfortunately the game crashes / does anybody have a clean two-disk version?

IIRC, there's also a demo version of the program.

My last question: is there a tape version of the program?

Thanks in advance!
    • 2: CommentAuthorsolo/ng
    • CommentTime14 Apr 2012

Tape version exists for sure - I had one :) Dunno if it is online thou.
    • 3:

CommentAuthorjhusak
    • CommentTime14 Apr 2012

I will not help you even I was close to this game; I suggest trying to contact with Arek Łukszo, but this may be a difficult task.