atarionline.pl ATARI on USB powerbank? small voltage? - Forum Atarum

Jeśli chcesz wziąć udział w dyskusjach na forum - zaloguj się. Jeżeli nie masz loginu - poproś o członkostwo.

• :
  • :

Vanilla 1.1.4 jest produktem Lussumo. Więcej informacji: Dokumentacja, Forum.

• 1: CommentAuthorw1k
    • CommentTime22 Feb 2024 zmieniony

• 2:

CommentAuthorPeri Noid
    • CommentTime22 Feb 2024

So equipped Atari requires probably more amps than your powerbank can deliver. Or probably not the powerbank itself but the cable, that is very thin and limits the current.

I tried a similar thing and it worked for me.
    • 3: CommentAuthorw1k
    • CommentTime22 Feb 2024

hmm, another cable?

i have this:
    ->link<-
    • 4:

CommentAuthorPeri Noid
    • CommentTime22 Feb 2024

Should be powerfull enough.
    • 5: CommentAuthorw1k
    • CommentTime23 Feb 2024

only 2 ampers.. i have u1mb, stereo, covox, and other upgrades.. maybe i needs more then 2..
    • 6: CommentAuthorGekoPL
    • CommentTime23 Feb 2024

->link<-
    ^^^
    Here you can find some info how to make an Atari USB power cable. Additionally, there is also some information about the power consumption of specific configurations:
    Atari 65XE fabryczne 560 mA
    Atari 130XE fabryczne 620 mA
    Atari 800XL fabryczne 810 mA
    Atari 800XL + Stereo + Ultimate 830 mA
    Atari 800XL + Stereo + Ultimate + Side2 + mysz 1000 mA
    Unquote

From (my) experience, in most cases a 5V/2.2A power supply is more than enough to power an Atari with an additional memory module + Cartrigde or FujiNet or other SIO2SD.
    • 7:

CommentAuthorPeri Noid
    • CommentTime23 Feb 2024

2 amps are enough but I suspect, it actually cannot deliver so much.
    • 8: CommentAuthorw1k
    • CommentTime23 Feb 2024

i have usb cable for atari.. i buy usb tester, when i delivery it, i can see how ampers going from powerbank to atari..
    • 9: CommentAuthorGekoPL
    • CommentTime23 Feb 2024

In my opinion, the cable (may be) is to long. The voltage drops with every additional meter of wires... and in the video i can see a "nice cable extension" :)
    Check the voltage on Atari board (power connection). Should be 5V.

My Atari USB-A power cable has length 80cm only.
    • 10: CommentAuthorw1k
    • CommentTime24 Feb 2024

i tryied classic USB cable for phone (5v/3a), its better, but not stable (sdx doesnt boot).. my friend made another cable for my, shorter and 2.5a.
    • 11:

CommentAuthorPeri Noid
    • CommentTime27 Feb 2024 zmieniony

Just to check - I took my full-featured 800XL machine (with U1MB, VBXE, Rapidus and stereo, Side2) and connected it with a USB cable to a stand alone USB HUB (with separate power supply). The machine booted but I noticed that when everything was on (including Rapidus), the power meter reported 1.25A@5V but there were problems with reading a CF card - something similar to your case. But the PSU was not able to deliver more juice, it seemed to have a ~6W power limit. So I took a stand-alone charger with up to 2.4A output. With it connected, the power meter reported up to 1.37A usage at peek (so it's not supprising that 1.25A was not enough) and everything worked just fine.

The power cable I used was built of an old USB cord for a Kindle by Amazon - a really solid piece of wire. I think it's able to deliver a lot of current. And I think, your cable isn't, this is why you're experiencing problems...
    • 12: CommentAuthorw1k
    • CommentTime28 Feb 2024

interesting, thanks:)
    yeah, i must build new short cable
    • 13:

CommentAuthorPeri Noid
    • CommentTime28 Feb 2024

Remember that it's not the outer wire radius, that matters ;-)