atarionline.pl Ideal games for Gonzo... - Forum Atarum

Jeśli chcesz wziąć udział w dyskusjach na forum - zaloguj się. Jeżeli nie masz loginu - poproś o członkostwo.

• :
  • :

Vanilla 1.1.4 jest produktem Lussumo. Więcej informacji: Dokumentacja, Forum.

I people, specially Gonzo.
    As we all know Gonzo made a lot of hard work and learning from his early days of LN and I think that I now see his way of working on A8 games so this Morning I saw at YouTube some games that are ideal for him.
    They are just perfect for the Engine and the horizontal scrolling...

-> BAD CAT:
    ANTIC4 and Multiple across screen charsets more DLIs with 2PMGs Multicolour on Cat and another 2PMGs Multicolour on the Ball:
    ->link<-

-> YIE AR KUNG-FU II:
    Exactly like Basia, Luckie-Luckie,...
    ANTIC4 2Charsets (one on the Top gfxs area and the other on the Black playing area) and DLIs where, on the playing area, our guy takes the 4PMGs in Multicolours Mode for our Kung-Fu guy and soft sprites for the Enemy guys:
    ->link<-

(I think that this one could be beter as we can add scroll, change guy to fit in 16pixels 4Players Multicolour and have 8pixels 4Missiles combined as 5th Player/Pf3 colour for the Hits.

They seem simple and fun to play and not a great work for someone that already have an engine to do these kind of games.
    As they are done in an horizontal way they are 'just made to be ported into A8'!...
    With our greater Pallete and a nice Multicolour PMGs we have they could be very good IMHO.
    If you're interested Gonzo I could put a hand on the PMGs and DLIs colours. Of course they wil only look good with our DLIs and Pallete.
    Hope you like and we can get these two into A8.
    Greetings.
    José Pereira.
    • 2:

CommentAuthorJacques
    • CommentTime17 Dec 2012

We're not here to colour reality, aren't we? :-)
    So I'd say the 1st game is a crap worthless anyone's time, and the second actually has "real engine", the thing that Gonzo's games are missing a bit (so far).
    • 3:

CommentAuthorlarek
    • CommentTime17 Dec 2012

Gonzo, niech Cię ręka boska broni przed portowaniem tej pierwszej gry. Z filmu wynika, że to totalnie niegrywalny tytuł ;)
    • 4: CommentAuthorBluki
    • CommentTime17 Dec 2012

Rzeczywiście...

• 5: CommentAuthorGonzo
    • CommentTime17 Dec 2012

José - i must think about it ;)

larek - tutaj potrzebny jest chuck norris - jak by chuck ją poprosił to ta gierka sama musiała by się napisać, i musiała by być przy tym o niebo lepsza. poprostu taki jest chuck ;)
    • 6: CommentAuthors2325
    • CommentTime17 Dec 2012

Bad Cat na każdej platformie jest taki jak pierwsze słowo w tytule.
    Guys it doesn't have to be exactly 100% the same. Bad Cat reminds a little bit of B. C. Quest for Tires so we may can get something around... Greetings.
    Guys it doesn't have to be exactly 100% the same. Bad Cat reminds a little bit of B. C. Quest for Tires so we may can get something around... Greetings.
    • 9:

CommentAuthorlarek
    • CommentTime18 Dec 2012 zmieniony

Poziomem trudności to mi przypomina Kissin' Koussins

• 10:

CommentAuthorTenchi
    • CommentTime18 Dec 2012 zmieniony

s2325:

Bad Cat na każdej platformie jest taki jak pierwsze słowo w tytule.

Amen.

larek:

Poziomem trudności to mi przypomina Kissin' Koussins

A gdzie tam, jest jeszcze gorzej. W Kuzynach przynajmniej od razu wiadomo co trzeba zrobić, jak to osiągnąć i jak się steruje. W Bad Cat co rusz pojawiają się jakieś piłeczki czy inne przeszkody przy których idzie połamać joya, a za pierona nie da się odgadnąć jaką sekwencją ruchów można je pokonać. Filmik pokazuje tylko pierwszy etap, w sumie są cztery i każdy kolejny jest gorszy od poprzedniego. Ta gra to typowa pomyłka przy pracy i plama na honorze Rainbow Arts (zwłaszcza jak się ją postawi przy Giannie bądź Turricanie).
    • 11:

CommentAuthorTheFender
    • CommentTime20 Dec 2012 zmieniony

Ideal games to be written by Gonzo ? :

... zapewne jeszcze kilka innych.

Gonzo! - do dzieła :)
    • 12: CommentAuthorGonzo
    • CommentTime21 Dec 2012 zmieniony

TheFender - a8 wciąż kryje w sobie wiele tajemnic. jak tylko się dowiem jak połączyć tryb 5-kolorowy z kolorowymi duszkami w hiresie, to od razu biorę się za robocop'a :)
    • 13: CommentAuthorwieczor
    • CommentTime22 Dec 2012

@Gonzo - a może lepiej ; dowiedz się jak Robocop powstał na ZX Spectrum, które duszków nie ma w ogóle i tak porypaną nieliniową pamięć ekranu, jak tylko można sobie wyobrazić. Wszystko tam robi biedny procesor a o wspomaganiu jakie ma A8 można tylko pomarzyć :) A pamięci raptem 48KB. To samo dotyczy The Last Ninja i innych gier których podobno na Atari zrobić się nie da bo sprite'y bo coś tam...
    • 14: CommentAuthorGonzo
    • CommentTime22 Dec 2012 zmieniony

wieczor - przecież było na a8 już jedno podejście do robocop'a :)
    • 15:

CommentAuthorTheFender
    • CommentTime22 Dec 2012

@Gonzo: Przecież nie musi być "duszków w hi-resie". Wykorzystać player+missile na maksa + softsprity i będzie miodzio. Problemem zapewne będzie pamięć na grafikę, ale od czego są carty. Jesteś kreatywną osobą na pewno coś wymyślisz.
    Wiem, że to nie jest takie proste jak to sobie piszę ja laik :) Ale widzę Gonzo że masz zacięcie do montażu koderskiego więc powinieneś sobie w jakiś tam sposób poradzić. A przecież są inni koderzy, z którymi możesz nawiązać konstruktywny dialog.

Popatrz też na inne podlinkowane filmiki. Przecież nie chodzi mi o konwersję 1:1 tylko o zrobienie tego typu gry w realiach Atari. No może poza ostatnią, którą zapewne można napisać nawet w Action!.
    Hi.
    Seen the Robocop C64 and ZX versions I think it's really possible something mixing the two.
    We have so little Hi-Resolution games on A8 and not all things but much more than that it was done untill now it's certainly possible (just have a look at Tezz's Manic Miner).

For a scrolling game like Robocop not great PMGs underlays possible but at least colouring hte guys it's better than the Robocop just Black & white we have now.
    C64 version uses two sprites per each guy (one higher prior in Hi-Resolution covers a 2:1 3colours), so 4sprites per line achieved.
    The C64 and Zx versions have the guys maximum 24 Hi-resolution wide sprites (12 2:1 resolution) then just some small changes they are possible in 8,9or10 Hi-resolution pixels on A8(depending on the frames).
    Following C64 version we can now have Robocop+3guys per line each one using PRIOR1, where's 1Player overlay for each and the 4Missiles as 5th colour/PF3 we get the 4guns.

Status Area go well with some PMGs underlays to add colour.

GR.8 Bitmap Mode and we can have more than the traditional problem of the A8 128chars=1charset.
    On Gr.8 we can also have the Borders in a diferent colour.
    We can get the C64 better looking Status Area on Top with screen 40bytes wide and the Playing area in 32bytes Narrow Mode to save some cycles.
    There's no problem in having a game like this on A8.
    From the picture you can see a little colour on the PAL version but diferent lookings for diferent NTSC Machines.
    Simple and possible:
    (if someone could kindly upload the image into here, thanks. I never get 'how to?')
    Hi Gonzo.
    If you read this please send me an e-Mail as I saw something that might be interesting to do on A8 using your 'type of' doing games:
    www.atarijosepereira@gmail.com

Thanks.